Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hug Time

As a quick post for Valentines Day, I wanted to promote an adorable book that my dad bought for our son this year for a Valentines gift.  Hug Time, by Patrick McDonnell, is probably the cutest little book I've seen in a while.  I love reading stories that rhyme to the children, because I love the way the rhythms and cadences flow out of my mouth.  Even when I'm not singing, I feel like I am!  And I love stories for young children that promote messages of love and respect for others and for our world.

A little cat goes out with the goal of hugging the whole world:


How can you not love a book that closes with the following:

The world is so big...
And yet so small,
It's time that we embrace it all.

That's something that we all can do.
Start with the one who's closest to you.


Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute book! I read it last night and thought it was sweet. Hope you and your kiddos are feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and questions, and particularly suggestions!